M.V. Lomonosov Northern (Arctic) Federal University (NArFU), an innovative institution designed to serve the needs of Russia’s system of research and training services, was established in pursuance of Decree of the Russian President 1172 “On Establishing Federal Universities in North-West, Volga, Ural and Far Eastern Federal Districts” dd. 21 October 2009; RF Government Executive Order 502-р dd. 2 April 2010; and RF Ministry of Education and Research Order 434 dd. 26 April 2010.
Strategically, NArFU is defined as an internationally-recognized competency centre for fostering the knowledge-based development in the Arctic Zone.
NArFU: figures and facts
Over the last six academic years, NArFU has conferred degrees on more than 27000 graduates. Almost 2600 students graduated with honours.
Structurally, NArFU consists of:
3 campuses based in Severodvinsk, Koryazhma, and Naryan-Mar; and 7 higher schools
NArFU currently offers 356 degree programs covering the basic majors. These include 218 bachelor’s, 76 master’s and 62 specialist degree programs. Training services follow the standards of combined portfolios (37) within 8 areas of knowledge.
NArFU HIGHER SCHOOLS:
- Higher School of Social Sciences, Humanities and International Communication
- Higher School of Natural Sciences and Technologies
- Higher School of Information Technologies and Automated Systems
- Higher School of Economics, Management and Law
- Higher School of Engineering
- Higher School of Power Engineering, Oil and Gas
- Higher School of Psychology and Pedagogical Education
- Institute of Shipbuilding and Arctic Marine Engineering (Severodvinsk)
- Koryazhma Branch
- Severodvinsk branch